Saturday, August 18, 2012

What Waddled In

Get it? Penguins waddle? Clever, huh? :p So I've decided to keep the Penguins, Pelicans and Puffins totally separate from the Bad Bloggers posts over on Stuff as Dreams are Made on. These books are collected for the collection and yes, because I like the design and they sound pretty good too :p But they're mostly because I want to collect them, not because I can assign blame for them. Of course I WILL occasionally have blame to give for a Penguin and when I do, those will go on Bad Bloggers :p A LOT has come in this first week. Mostly because I found a crapload of books I wanted on Paperback Swap and I had a lot of points to spend. Still do actually :p And the generosity of friends brought a few in as well :) So I'm not going to post individual pics of all the books. I will post a pic of the shelf though! Now not everything on this shelf was brought in this week. Some of these are penguins I've had for awhile. So here's the list, separated by type of book brought in:


Pelican Shakespeare's

Shakespeare's Sonnets
Cymbeline (hadn't even heard of this play before!)
Twelfth Night
A Midsummer Night's Dream
King Lear
Antony and Cleopatra
Macbeth
Othello
Romeo and Juliet
Hamlet
The Winter's Tale
The Tempest

Penguin's Sherlock Holmes 

The Valley of Fear by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Penguin Classic Crime

The Moving Toyshop by Edmund Crispin

Penguin English Library

Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence

Penguin Books

Fifth Business by Robertson Davies
When the Green Woods Laugh by H.E. Bates
Self Made Man by Norah Vincent
How to Be Good by Nick Hornby

Vintage Penguins

#848 Reunion with Murder by Timothy Fuller
#2 Pygmalion by Bernard Shaw
#20 Erewhon by Samuel Butler
#754 The Plumed Serpent by D.H. Lawrence
#560 Plays Pleasant by Bernard Shaw
#999 The Journals of Arnold Bennett edited by Frank Swinnerton

Vintage Pelican

A227 Our Language by Simeon Potter
A32 My Apprenticeship Vol. 2 by Beatrice Webb

Penguin Classics

Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

Penguin Celebrations

English Passengers by Matthew Kneale

Penguin American Library

Ragged Dick and Struggling Upward by Horatio Alger Jr.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! And Rich just walked by and said, "Hey, is that Chris's Penguin collection? Such a cool thing to collect!" :D We've already discussed heading to Bookends sometime this week to see if we can find any. Should be mighty fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. holey moley!!!!!!lol you don't waste time do you?! lol lol
    It's lookin' mighty fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debs, Tell Rich that it's grown even since then :p I have to admit I'm ridiculously excited to see if y'all find anything! LOL....I haven't found any here yet :( I have found some online though!

    Mama, HAHA...did you expect anything less? :p

    ReplyDelete