Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Place For The Penguins

I wanted to get a little two or three shelf bookshelf for the penguins that are now coming into the house. Last weekend me and Matt went shopping at antique stores to see if we could find anything unique and I found this little three shelf bookshelf made from old plantation wood that I absolutely loved! With a door that closes with glass on the outside. Sadly, it was raining...hard...and we couldn't park anywhere close to the shop, so we couldn't get the shelf. Well I came home after a really LONG day at work today and walked into the house to see the shelf sitting here in the living room :) Yep...Matt went and bought it for me! And styled it beautifully! He also got a little frame and framed one of my favorite Anne Julie-Aubry prints and bought this little apple that goes perfectly with it and put my favorite little vase with the dried poppy pods on top of it too. This really was the perfect little present to come home to. I do indeed have the best boyfriend :) Now I can't wait to fill this puppy with Penguins :D


5 comments:

  1. beautiful beautiful! you have good taste and obviously Matt knows how to make you happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already told Matt this, but you'd better bolt that the floor before we come visit because Rich and I are completely head-over-heels in love with it!

    You've got a treasure there. Well, the bookcase too, but I really mean Matt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama, Thanks :D Yes indeed, Matt does know how to make me happy :)

    Debs, :p You can't have Matt or my shelf :p But I do INSIST that y'all come and see both!!! And I want to go bookshopping with you so bad to find more books to fill the shelf!

    ReplyDelete