Sunday, September 9, 2012

What Waddled In

Believe it or not, it's actually NOT bad this week!! Only FOUR books!! But fear not...many more books will waddle in soon :p I found an amazing seller who sells vintage penguins at a reasonable price and I may have ordered 15 books from her >> And I may have ordered 3 more from another seller >> And I have an absolutely amazing friend who just picked up some incredible Pelicans that he found for me :D :D :D I am excited about what did come in this week though. I got three Puffin Modern Classics  and another in the Penguin Great Books for Boys series. I love both of these for the design of them. I think that's what they do best really...design their books. They just make them so APPEALING to read. Which reminds me I need to get back to Macbeth which I've been liking a lot more than I thought I would. And I really do love what Penguin did with the Pelican Shakespeare series...but more to come after I actually read that one ;) Here's what waddled in...and since I only got four books this time, I'll actually post pics of the covers too this time so you can see what I mean about how great the cover designs are!




Puffin Modern Classics:

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (Introduction by Garth Nix)
The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann D. Wyss (Introduction by Jon Scieszka)
Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne (Introduction by Dianna Wynne Jones)

Penguin Great Books For Boys:

The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love those covers, too! Especially the one for Journey to the Center of the Earth.
    LOL--if I finish this short book I'm reading that I want to send to you, I hope to get a box in the mail to you this week. If said box arrives the same time as your book orders, you really are going to have one huginormous "Waddled In" post. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, when you first said you were going to collect Penguin books that I thought "only the old classic ones".. duh.. silly me! LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chris, I had no idea you were buying all kinds of old Penguins! You really have to come up here with Matt sometime....Canada was always able to sell them here, being part of the Commonwealth countries, so any used bookstore up here has tons. You can always send me a list of ones you really want, and I can see what I can find :-)

    ReplyDelete