Saturday, September 1, 2012

What Waddled In

Not a bad week at all as far as the penguins, pelicans and puffins go! I love watching my little collection grow :) And I finally finished my first book since starting this book, Voluntary Madness by Norah Vincent. It's a new title, but it really was a fascinating book. Random.org has demanded that I read Macbeth by Shakespeare next :/ I'm not thrilled by this, but part of this project is expanding my literary horizons, so read it I shall! And it'll fit nicely into the RIP challenge. Here's what waddled in this week:

Vintage Penguins

#118 - While Rome Burns by Alexander Woollcott
#1056 - The Affairs of Flavie by Gabriel Chevallier
#1184 - Brazilian Adventure by Peter Fleming
#1336 - A Many Splendoured Thing by Han Suyin
#1653 - The Blanket of the Dark by John Buchan
#1930 - A Travelling Woman by John Wain

Vintage Penguin Modern Classics

Night Flight/Southern Mail by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Spoils of Poynton by Henry James

Penguin Poets

Contemporary American Poetry edited by Donald Hall

Vintage Pelicans

A103 - Adventures of Ideas by Alfred North Whitehead
A182 - Russian Art by Tamara Talbot Rice
A275 - Selected Letters of Gertrude Bell

Penguin Books (Not sure what this one is...it's numbered, has an all red cover unlike the others, and the outer band of the pages are dyed red.)

Young Man With a Horn by Dorothy Baker

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chris, MacBeth is sooooo good!!! Seriously, I love that one! And after you read it, treat yourself to Scotland PA if you've never seen it! Such a great movie! Dark humor modern(ish) day adaptation of MacBeth. It's one of Rich's favorite movies ever.

    ReplyDelete